Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tuesday July 20 ...the day everything went down hill {literally lol}. I had to do so much catching up after this.

I can't believe its going to be almost four weeks since my accident and I am glad I am okay because it was pretty traumatic. The ford explorer I was in lost control in the freeway after the tire blew out. On the right side of the freeway there was a hill area and there were no side rails- so my car just fell right in. It flipped going down hill until the car hit a small tree and came to a stop. Time felt like it had slowed down as the car was hitting the ground and I could hear the windows breaking and the pieces of glass flying everywhere. Everything just felt so surreal. After the car came to a stop, I was able to open the door and get out. I had blood all over my face, broken nose, busted lip, several hits on my face, head, and body. My right ear was torn really bad..I still had the pieces of glass that cut my ear stuck in there. It was horrible having to climb back up from the hill where my car fell because I knew no one would see me down there. I am surprised I was awake through it all. Once I got on top of the freeway I had to get someone to stop so they could call 911 for me. I was so scared because I didn't know if anyone would stop, but a few people did see me and stopped to help. Shortly after the ambulance got there and took me to the hospital. I was hurting a lot and I just kept praying that I didn't suffer any serious internal injuries. Luckily, I only received stitches on my ear and had a fractured rib. I had several cuts and bruises on my face and body. My whole face and neck got really swollen- I didn't look like myself. It hurt so much getting up and lifting my head up because of the swelling in my head and because of my fractured rib. It took me about a week to actually get out of bed and get rid of the cuts on my face and swelling, and another two weeks to get rid of the pain and bruises. I never imagine this could happen to me, but I am glad I am okay. One thing I learned from this is to always wear a seat belt. I still get scared having to drive everyday, but hopefully I will get rid of that fear soon.

* With that being said, I am going back in time and posting some of my blog entries I would of posted in regards to the assignments I worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment