Thursday, August 12, 2010

Recalling my first project I worked on....A day in my shoes poster

This project was interesting because I am surprised I was able to work on it and finish the design. I worked on it while I was on hydrocodine which made me really really drowsy and nauseas...I am surprised the poster turned out okay ..I did have a lot of trouble trying to align the text to fit in with the illusion of it being on the ground and also trying to make the icons appear like they were standing up.

I sometimes have a tendency of making my work look too busy by adding too much stuff. I always try to keep in mind not to make my work too busy and keep it simple, but not too simple to where it looks like I didn't put any effort into it. When I was working on the poster I was having a hard time adding a background. I was debating if I should just make a simple colored background or add a more interesting background. Looking back at this design I would probably change the background again and change the icons to look like they are laying down flat instead.

The final design I turned had a lot of changes made to it and it was very different than the first design I had presented in class. I limited the information I had added and I also changed the direction of the information.


Original Design 1....


...Second Design I worked on...I was still having trouble with the alignment...I also changed the font on the title and was playing with the idea of adding a moon and some stars...



Final Design....I decided to take a different approach and lay the text differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment